Exciting blogging fun for all Bloggers
We love a bloggers tag – it’s a great way to connect with some of our favourite bloggers, get to know a little more about them and share some more about us. October is a great time of year, the shops are decorated with black and orange witches, skeletons, pumpkins and spiders and Autumn is in full swing. The outdoors is a colourful palette of browns, yellows, reds and oranges, fallen leaves, chestnuts, hazelnuts and conquers. The outdoors smells delightfully delicious of wintery spices and pumpkin soup.
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post
- Put the rules at the beginning or after introduction
- Answer the 13 questions
- Tag 13 people to do the tag
- Delete Question 13, add a new number one question of your own
- You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post
Thank you to the wonderful Smelly Socks and Garden Peas whose blog we love visiting simply for the brutally honest tones in which she writes. We love hearing about her frustrations with life, raising 2 energetic boys (who all sound amazing), her adventures with growing veg, making jam, gin and just life in general. @AndSmelly’s writing is humorously honest and refreshing – we think she has a fantastic career in Stand Up 😉
1. What’s your favourite thing about October?
I think it has got to be the way the season creeps up on us. One minute we are basking in glorious sunshine and come October the leaves have turned red, yellow and brown and start to fall. The colours and smells are so vivid it makes everything look like an enchanted land. I love a little October sun too, but you can still feel the crisp cold. Glowing lights can be seen in houses along the streets and its a reminder that the nights are drawing in. It is also one of our birthdays and we love a good autumnal birthday celebration.
2. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
Not really. We carve out pumpkins and have sweets ready for the neighbourhoods children. For the first time this year I shall be going pumpkin picking with my nieces (7 and 4).
3. What’s your favourite horror movie?
Not really a horror movie fan. However having said that I did watch Night of the Living Dead, last year. We watched the stage version and it was sublime. There were two massive screens; on one they played the actual film and on the other, a live feed of the show as the actors performed on stage, synchronising the scenes, dialogue and tone. They played the film -frame from frame alongside the live performance. It was extraordinary – a real feast for the senses. And the story hit home a little more. Little Fun fact; Did you know that Zombie movies are almost always about the dehumanisation of society and it’s people and movies about Vampires are generally about virus’s and infection. I also quite like Poltergeist and The Exorcist. In fact we saw The Exorcist at the theatre too and again it was off the scale fantastic, oh, and the Lady in Black is a phenomenal piece of theatre – so simple and yet so scary!
4. Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
NIGHT IN!! Every single time. I am not a fan of the cold. Though having said that – it’s not been too cold this October, so far – maybe I might venture out.
5. Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
Ah, I’m afraid not being a huge celebrator of the actual event – I have never dressed up for it. I’ve been a Witch, with purple hair, when I was younger but that’s about it.
6. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
Pin the hat on the Witch. I quite like witches and besides, I am not a fan of getting my face wet or dirty…
7. How do you celebrate Halloween?
We don’t really. Carving out Pumpkins and sweets for the kids is as far as it goes.
8. What’s your least favourite horror?
Again, not a fan – they scare the shit out of me. I am fully aware that that is the point!
9. Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
No, sorry! We never really went Trick or Treating
10. What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
The Pumpkins. I love the creatively carved out Pumpkins, lit in the windows and set outside front doors. I also love carving them out myself. We always start out with one face and end up creating a completely different one – but that’s half the fun. It’s a messy job, but we all love the warmth and comfort of pumpkin soup! Mum also makes pumpkin curry – its deliciously sweet and spicy
11. Scary costume or Silly costume?
Definitely silly. The scary ones can get too sinister and that is dark territory
12. What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
Chewy sweets and chocolate. I do quite like making Halloween Biscuits. (Just biscuits decorated with cobwebs and what nots hehe)
13. Do you believe in ghosts?
Now then, yes and no! I would like to meet a ghost, just once, so that I can say, yes it’s true! I hear lots of stories of various theatres, that I have played in, being haunted by the Red, White or Black Lady and various other unfavourable characters. I’ve seen video’s belonging to friends who have captured paranormal activity on their phones but I myself haven’t yet witnessed seeing an actual ghost. But, I do believe that spirits do exist, that we are not the only ones inhabiting this earth/environment and that souls who have unfinished business roam the earth – bit like Ghost!
Joey at Concealed Voices
Monty Vern at Monty Scribbles
Nikki O at Spoken by her
LJ Nicolle at Discuss Life
The Thoughtful Beggar at The Thoughtful Beggar
Jenny at Jenny in Neverland
Chehak Chirps at Chehak Chirps
Diary Dash at Sophia Pens
Bel Empath Writer at Bel Kind Connections
Sarah at Sarah Trademark
Coffee Mom at Coffee Mon87
Unwanted Life_me at Unwanted Life.Me
Lisa Marie at Agapephilia Life Coach
1. Would you camp out in a haunted place – alone?
2. What’s your favourite thing about October?
3. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
4. What’s your favourite horror movie?
5. Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
6. Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
7. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
8. How do you celebrate Halloween?
9. What’s your least favourite horror?
10. Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
11. What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
12. Scary costume or Silly costume?
13. What’s your favourite Halloween candy?